If you’ve recently started dating someone new or have been seeing the same person for a while, it’s likely that they would begin to notice the hairs on your face (LOL). This is especially true if you are someone with heavy peach fuzz, which makes it much more noticeable. You might have even found yourself in a situation where you need to go on camera, or meet people in some other social context, and feel embarrassed about your facial hair. This article will tell you everything you need to know about dermaplaning and how to get rid of your annoying facial hair. Keep reading to find out more…
What is dermaplaning? Dermaplaning is a type of exfoliation treatment that uses a scalpel to remove the top layer of dull, dead skin cells and fine hair from your face. It is also sometimes referred to as “surgical skincare” because it works like a mini-shave to clear away the top layer of dead skin cells and unclog pores. It removes the very fine layer of hair that grows on your face but does not remove the hair from the follicles. Dermaplaning is a great treatment for those who have dry, flaky skin, or coarse facial peach fuzz. If you are looking to get rid of blackheads, have clogged pores, or have a lot of fine facial hair, dermaplaning is a great option. This treatment can also be used as a preventative measure against wrinkles and other signs of aging.
How does dermaplaning work? When dermaplaning, the esthetician will use a sterile scalpel to gently scrape away the top layer of dead skin cells and fine hairs that grow on your face. This procedure is actually a form of micro-exfoliation, which helps to brighten your skin, prevent blackheads and breakouts, and improve your skin’s texture. The treatment gently removes the top layer of dull, dry, and dead skin cells, as well as fine hairs that grow on the face. It’s a treatment that works like a mini-shave and is done by a licensed esthetician. Dermaplaning can be used on the face, neck, and décolletage (chest area) and is often recommended to people who have dry, flaky skin, or coarse peach fuzz. This treatment can also be used as a preventative measure against wrinkles, pigmentation, and other signs of aging.
Benefits of Dermaplaning –
Fades acne scars- Dermaplaning helps to reduce the appearance of acne scars, particularly those that are on your face. It can also help to even out the skin tone on your face.
– Reduces wrinkles and fine lines- Dermaplaning can help to prevent the appearance of unwanted fine lines and wrinkles, helping you to maintain your youthful appearance longer.
– Brightens and evens out the skin- Dermaplaning helps to reduce the appearance of dead, dull skin and leave your skin looking brighter and more even.
– Unclogs pores- Dermaplaning helps to unclog pores and prevent blackheads.
– Clears up oily and/or dry skin- Dermaplaning can help to clear up oily and/or dry skin and keep your skin balanced and healthy.
Things to consider before getting dermaplaning:
– Skin condition- If you have a skin condition and are looking to get rid of blackheads and/or inflamed, active acne, dermaplaning may not be for you. You should consult a doctor before getting this treatment if you have acne or other skin conditions.
– Sensitive skin- If you have sensitive skin, dermaplaning may not be for you. You should consult a dermatologist before getting this treatment.
– Risk of infection- When getting dermaplaning, you need to be sure the esthetician uses clean, sanitized equipment. There is a risk of contracting an infection from unsanitary equipment and material.
– Recovery time- Recovery time for dermaplaning is very minimal. Most people can continue with their normal skincare routine immediately following treatment.
How to get rid of facial hair the right way! If you want to get rid of your facial hair, you don’t necessarily need to use a razor or wax. Dermaplaning can be used to get rid of your facial hair and exfoliate your skin. If you are looking to get rid of your facial hair with dermaplaning, it’s important to find a reputable esthetician who is licensed to perform this procedure. If you’re someone who has a lot of facial hair (or even just a little), you might have considered removing it with a razor. However, you might be wondering whether or not this is okay. Well, the truth is that both methods of removal are safe. However, shaving could lead to ingrown hairs, redness, and skin irritation. Thankfully, dermaplaning offers a safe and effective alternative.
While many people might be familiar with waxing and shaving, dermaplaning might be a new concept for them. Dermaplaning is a great way to exfoliate your skin and get rid of fine hairs on your face. It’s a safe and effective alternative to shaving, and it can help to prevent ingrown hairs and other skin issues that shaving can cause. Dermaplaning can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, brighten your skin, and even out your complexion. If you want to get rid of your facial hair and improve the appearance of your skin, dermaplaning is a great treatment to try!
Please check my complete service menu for a list of services. Feel free to contact me through the contact form below!